International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
Online Filing – Downloadable Template
The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) has developed an Excel template to help you file your IFTA Jurisdiction Schedule in our new online services system. You will be able to upload this file when you are completing your return online.
Important Note: If you receive an error message when opening your template using our Online Services system, you may click “Yes” to open or switch your internet browser to Google Chrome to open the template and avoid this error message.
Online Filing – Excel Template
- The Excel template is available when you log in to file your return or report online.
- Download the Excel template using the link below.
- Read the Instructions tab of the template before completing the Jurisdiction Schedule.
- Save the Excel template to your computer once you complete it. We recommend saving the template to your desktop or designated file/folder. If you are using an Apple computer, you will need to save the template in Numbers then Export To as an Excel file.
- Go back to the Online Services Jurisdiction Details screen and click the Upload button on the upper right hand side of the schedule, to bring up the dialog box.
- Click the Browse button in the dialog box to find the saved template on your desktop or designated file/folder. If you are using an Apple computer, click Choose File.
- Click the Upload button in the dialog box to populate your template entries in the Jurisdiction Schedule.
- View our Online Services webpage and select the Tutorials tab to watch our “How To” videos.
Note: This functionality may not be available for Apple products. If you are unable to upload your Jurisdiction Schedule, complete the Jurisdiction Schedule online and submit your completed return by the required due date.
|IFTA Tax Form||Associated Return||Template v.1 (Excel)|
|IFTA Quarterly Fuel Use Tax Return||IFTA-Template|