News Releases – 2017
- 01/17/18 – California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Releases 'Tax Help for the Cannabis Industry' Video Series
- 01/16/18 – California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Holds Free Small Business Tax Seminar in Cypress
- 01/11/18 – California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Holds Free Small Business Tax Seminar in El Monte
- 01/10/18 – California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Adds 'Fresh' Category for Cannabis Cultivation Tax
- 01/09/2018 – California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Holds Free Small Business Tax Seminar in Oakland
- 11/17/2017 – California Department of Tax and Fee Administration to Cannabis Businesses — Know Your Tax Rates and Responsibilities
- 11/17/2017 – California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Seeks Chief Financial Officer Applicants
- 10/27/2017 – California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Releases New Anti-Nepotism Policy
- 10/26/2017 – California Department of Tax and Fee Administration's Norwalk Office Relocating to Cerritos
- 10/24/2017 – CDTFA Free Special Workshop: Tax Relief for Businesses Impacted by Fires
- 10/12/2017 – CDTFA Offers Tax Relief for Businesses Impacted by Fires
The latest information on rates and fees, refund and relief opportunities, special exemptions, new tax programs and changes in current ones.
- Guidance on How Taxes Apply to Cannabis Inventory Beginning January 1, 2018
- Alterations to New Clothing are Taxable
Archive Special Notices
- Online Filing Begins for the Cigarette and Tobacco Products Internet Purchaser Program
- Online Filing For California Tire Fee and Covered Electronic Waste Recycling Fee Accounts
- 2018 Electrical Energy Surcharge Rate
- Special Notice: Amendments to the Manufacturing and R&D Partial Exemption
- Emergency Telephone Users (911) Surcharge and Prepaid 911 Surcharge Rates for 2018
- New Proposed Cultivation Tax Category, Tax Application, and Invoicing Requirements for Cannabis Businesses
- New Prepaid MTS Surcharge Rate
- CDTFA Changes to Online Services
- Cannabis – What You Need to Know About the Tax Rates and Registration
- 10/11/2017 – Fuel Retailers, Wholesalers, and Suppliers Storage Tax Return Requirement
- 10/09/2017 – Rate Change for International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) and Interstate User Diesel Fuel Tax (DI) Licensees Effective November 1, 2017
- Norwalk Office Relocating to Cerritos November 6, 2017
- 9/29/2017 – New Cannabis Taxes Begin January 1, 2018
- 09/05/2017 – Tobacco Product Sales by Out of State Distributors to In-State Distributors
- 08/18/2017 – New Tax Rates and Storage Tax Requirement for Motor Vehicle and Diesel Fuels Effective November 1, 2017
- 07/01/2017 – Important Tax and Fee Payer Announcement
Updates on Sales and Use Tax, issued quarterly, with supplemental articles and annual indexes.
An annual publication that previews new legislation and includes articles of interest on existing tax and fee programs.
Special Taxes and Fees Newsletters Index
This semiannual newsletter has the latest tax and fee information to help you advise your clients and prepare their returns more effectively.
We developed these Public Service Announcements (PSAs) to help our customers and stakeholders be aware of upcoming events and outreach opportunities throughout California.
Click the links below to hear the PSA for the upcoming event near you.