California City & County Sales & Use Tax Rates
Current Tax Rates
- Tax Rates Effective January 1, 2022
- Find a Sales and Use Tax Rate by Address
- Tax Rates by County and City
- Tax Rate Charts
Historical Tax Rates
- Need help charging the correct tax rate?
- Detailed Breakdown of the Sales and Use Tax Rate
- District Taxes, Rates, and Effective Dates
- Active District Tax Rates with Operative and Sunset Dates
- Publication 44, District Taxes (Sales and Use Taxes)
- Publication 105, District Taxes and Sales Delivered in California
- Rates and Other Taxes and Fees
The following files are provided to download tax rates for California Cities and Counties (all have 3 digits after the decimal).
Please Note: Some communities located within a county or a city may not be listed.
The statewide tax rate is 7.25%. In most areas of California, local jurisdictions have added district taxes that increase the tax owed by a seller. Those district tax rates range from 0.10% to 1.00%. Some areas may have more than one district tax in effect. Sellers are required to report and pay the applicable district taxes for their taxable sales and purchases.
If you need help identifying the correct rate, you may look up the rate by address, contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-400-7115 (TTY: 711), or call the local CDTFA office closest to you for assistance.
Database of Addresses
Some cities have developed lists of addresses to help retailers and consumers in identifying addresses located within their city. If you have any questions about these lists, please contact the cities directly.