Water Rights Fee – Filing Claims for Refund

Claims for refund of water rights fees disputing all or part of the fee assessed and paid should be filed with the State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Water Rights within thirty days from the date of the notice assessing the fee. Mail your claim to:

State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Rights
P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812

However, if you agree with the assessed fees but make an overpayment in error, you can file a claim for refund of the overpayment with us. You must file your claim within six months of the date on which the fee was paid.