Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax

The motor vehicle fuel tax is imposed upon each gallon of fuel entered, or removed from a refinery or terminal rack in this state. If you are a Throughputter, Terminal Operator, Blender, Enterer, Refiner, Position Holder Vessel/Pipeline Operator, Industrial User, or Train Operator you will need to register with the CDTFA.

The State Controller maintains the Accounts Receivable records for this program, is responsible for collecting delinquent monies, and also receives and processes claim for refund on tax paid fuel used in a non-taxable manner.

Special Notices

Information About