Electronic Waste Recycling (eWaste) Fee – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Responses to questions contained in this document are general in nature and not intended to be all-inclusive. Information provided is not "written advice" subject to Revenue and Taxation Code Section 55045 regarding reliance on written advice from the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Information for Retailers on the Fee Program, Collection, and Rates
- Registering to Collect the Fee
- Paying the Fee to the CDTFA
- Sales Tax, Lay-away, Internet Sales, Drop-shipments, Invoices, Resale, Government Sales, and Donations
- Warranties, Leases, Credits, Refunds, and Returns
- Fee Option for Retailers that Lease CEDs (Assembly Bill 575)
- Information for Consumers that Were Charged a Fee on a Device that is Not a CED
- CED Recycling
Have a question of your own that was not addressed in one of the topics above? Fill out our email question form and we will respond as soon as possible.