Diesel Fuel Tax Registration Information

Who is required to register?

If you are a Throughputter, Terminal Operator, Blender, Enterer, Refiner, Position Holder, Ultimate Vendor, Vessel Operator, Pipeline Operator, Industrial User, or Train Operator you will need to register with the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration.

If you are not sure of your business type contact the registration unit of Special Taxes and Fees at 1-800-400-7115 (TTY: 711).

You will be issued the correct type of license(s) for your business activity at the time of registration. If you sell both Motor Vehicle Fuel and Diesel you will have to register for each program separately.

Register Online

You may register for an account using online registration. Online Registration is the convenient way to register and is available 24 hours a day.