For Immediate Release
January 18, 2018
Contact: Office of Public Affairs
California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Offers Tax Relief for Businesses Impacted by Winter Storms and Mudslides
Sacramento – The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) is offering tax relief to those impacted by the Thomas Fire and subsequent mudslides in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. issued an executive order to continue expediting recovery efforts in the impacted areas and to expand the emergency declaration to include damage caused by flooding and mudslides. All taxpayers and feepayers affected may request extensions to file returns and relief from penalties and/or interest.
A Local Assistance Center (LAC) has been set up at the Calvary Chapel, located at 1 N. Calle Cesar Chavez in Santa Barbara, and will remain open through February 3, 2018. Hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays. The LAC will be closed Sundays.
For those unable to reach the Santa Barbara LAC, a community gathering will take place in Carpinteria on Sunday, January 21, to serve individuals affected by the recent disasters. The event takes place from 2-4 p.m. at the Children's Project at Main, located at 5208 8th Street in Carpinteria.
Taxpayers and feepayers for the programs below may request relief from penalties and/or interest and ask for an extension of time to file their tax or fee returns either online or by calling CDTFA's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-400-7115 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific time), excluding state holidays.
- Sales and Use Taxes
- Oil Spill Response, Prevention, and Administration Fee
- Lead-Acid Battery Fee
- Lumber Products Assessment
- Underground Storage Tank Maintenance Fee
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Fee
- Natural Gas Surcharge
- Integrated Waste Management Fee
- Energy Resources Surcharge
- Occupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Fee
- Emergency Telephone Users Surcharge
- Covered Electronic Waste Recycling (eWaste) Fee
- Cigarette and Tobacco Products Taxes and Licensing
- Marine Invasive Species Fee (Ballast Water Management Fee)
- Water Rights Fee
- California Tire Fee
- Fuel Taxes (Diesel Fuel Tax, Interstate User Tax, Use Fuel Tax, Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax, Jet Fuel Tax)
- Hazardous Waste Fees (Environmental Fee, Generator Fee, Disposal Fee, Facility Fee)
- Prepaid Mobile Telephony Services Surcharge
- Timber Yield Tax
- Cannabis Cultivation Tax
- Cannabis Excise Tax